Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Monday, February 4, 2013

Some Days are Better than Others

Duh, of course some days are better than others. Last Thursday was a mixture for me.

On the good, great, awesome side, my parents bought me a beautiful chandelier for Christmas. (for my bedroom) It was on back order and my dad and husband installed it Thursday. I love it! I have been dreaming and looking for one for years.

My bedroom is unique, to say the least. I live in a 100 year-old octagonal house. My upstairs bedroom is solid knotty pine, both walls and ceiling. The ceiling follows the shape of the octagonal roof. Anyway, this rustic room, which I decorate with a mixture of red plaid, robin's egg blue, white and a bit of pink, antique pictures and furniture, needed a super glittery chandelier to continue my love of mixing rustic with feminine.

The not-so-good part of my day was my 14 1/2 year-old dog, Willie was very sick and weak and I was pretty darn sure that this was "the" day. He was either going to die on his own, or we were going to have make the tough decision.... He threw up all day and pooped and peed in the house!


In the midst of it all, our puppy, Bear was out of sorts. Maybe because he sensed something with Willie, maybe he was just having a set-back. He peed in the house seven times! The worst being on my mom's leg and shoe. Yes, he stopped in the middle of adorable playing and lifted his leg on my mom! He ended his peeing spree by peeing on the bed in my studio.

In-between giving advice on the placement of the swag of my chandelier, (a happy thing) I was also cleaning poop, pee, and barf! Nice!
I went to bed exhausted and sad. But, today's a new day. Willie rallied in the morning. He was more chipper and ate a decent size breakfast. Bear is back to being perfect Bear. (almost) My chandelier is sparkling in my bedroom and all is well. (for now) I am grateful.

Life is such a mixture of good and bad, sad and happy, and on an on we go...

Follow Debbie's board Color My Bliss, My Blog on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.