Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Saturday, April 8, 2017

No-Bake, Chocolate, Almond Clusters With Coconut and Sea Salt! And they are Gluten Free and Vegan too!

I have an auto-immune disease that has made me allergic and or sensitive to a pretty long list of foods. I'm allergic to egg whites.Yep, just the whites, but I avoid eggs altogether. I'm sensitive to processed cane sugar, and I was also diagnosed through a blood test, with Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity. I get as sick from consuming gluten as a person with Celiac disease. Ugh! So, for years, I have avoided almost all deserts. I now know there are many options that are allergy-free, so it sure is fun to occasionally indulge in something sweet again!

These no-bake yummies are gluten-free, dairy-free, soy free (I also avoid soy), and vegan. (no dairy or eggs) They taste much like an Almond Joy bar! Yum! They are also delicious with other nuts and even with roasted sunflower seeds! 

With only three ingredients and a microwave, these are the easiest candies to make ever! My microwave has since died and so now I melt my chocolate chips in a double boiler - still easy!

Ingredients
  • 1 Bag chocolate chips, For guaranteed gluten and dairy free, use allergy-free chips (see my favorite brand at the bottom of this post)
  • 1 cup raw almonds
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
  • Optional - sea salt

Directions


Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. If using stove-top method, melt in a double boiler or a glass bowl on top of a pot of boiling water.


Stir in almonds and coconut.

Spoon approximately tablespoon-size drops onto a parchment paper-lined sheet pan. Sprinkle with sea salt. Cool in fridge until hard and set.

This is my favorite allergy-friendly brand of chocolate chips. 

So Yummy and Healthy too!


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.